Dresses are great because you pull one thing over your head and BOOM – outfit! If you’re happy to partake in some wishful thinking, weekends spent bare legged in frocks on beaches are just around the corner.
An at-home wax is the main component of my spring/summer beauty regime and, after years of doing it, I’ve learned some lessons about self waxing. My weapon of choice is Veet Sensitive Wax, around €10 for a pack that includes strips and wax-removal wipes.
1. Hi, my name is Captain Obvious. You should do a patch test! I know most people will, but we live in a society where packets of pecans say “may contain nuts” across the bottom.
2. Scrub up! You’re about to rip open your pores (delightful!) so making sure that you’re legs are clean and exfoliated is essential.
3. Commit to it. You’re going to wax both legs. I’ve chickened out after just a few strips and been left with patches that regrow at different, annoying rates.
4. If you can’t or don’t want to get a friend to do the pulling, it helps to give yourself a push with a timer. I put my radio on and reef the holy jesus out of my skin at the start of every verse. Alternatively, you could set your watch to beep every 15 seconds or so.
5. Your skin will be extra sensitive straight after waxing, so slapping on any-old lotion is a silly move. I stick to La Roche Posay thermal water immediately after (it’s super soothing) and top up with a moisturiser that’s formulated for sensitive skin the next day.